Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2010 and a Clean Slate

2009 is done and dusted, all mistakes water under the bridge, our futures bright and sparkling with possibilities, promise and potential. It is with this spirit that I’m issuing my Ten 2010 Resolutions:

10. I will treat all people with respect, courtesy and kindness with the understanding that each person in the PR/Media/Analyst/Blogger ecosystem is at a different stage of development and maturity;

9. I will not re-tweet other people’s news just because I think it’s something I should do;

8. I will not rise to the bait when reporters decide to use the power of their pen (or keyboard) to get on a soap box and preach to PR people about what they should or shouldn’t do;

7. I will help our clients understand what is original news and what is “me too” news and how each should be treated differently;

6. I will work with our clients to help them put every announcement into context so that people understand why it matters and to whom;

5. I will ensure that my team understands the market and business objectives and our clients and how that determines how we create and shape programs;

4. I will become more vocal/less vocal about things that matter/don’t matter to our industry, my company and our clients;

3. I will become a better resource to reporters that need help understanding how technology works, how it fits into the network and how it can impact markets;

2. I will think more regularly beyond what my clients tell me they want to what they really need and what the market is ready to hear; and

1. I will create programs that enable our customers to reach target customers with relevant news, presented in a way that is meaningful and easy to consume by the media/analyst filter, which is supportive of the clients’ short and long-term business and market objectives.

Now you know what I’m going to focus on in 2010. If I don’t stay true to these resolutions, please let me know. As we all are, I’m still a work in progress.

What are your goals, resolutions, etc? Please comment and share your ideas for the New Year or tell me what you think of my Ten for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment